SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sedum37

Blithewold Daffodil Days Apr 14th-Apr 29th 2007

sedum37
17 years ago

Just a reminder the Blithewold Daffodil Days are happening this time of year. Last year I went for the first time and the visit was amazing!!! I highly recommend you get down there this spring.

Blithewold Daffodil Event Details

The also have an interesting garden blog detailing what is going on in the garden be sure to check it out:

Blithewold Garden Blog

If you need inspiration be sure to look at my photos from last year on PictureTrail:

Last years event photos

Here's my favorite photo...

Comments (4)

• flutterbug
    17 years ago

The pictures are great! I would love to do that in my yard someday. Have you ever seen what grows after all those daffodils?

• sedum37
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks flutterbug! I have only been to Blithewold for the Daffodil Days event last year but I can tell you that the gardens look interesting to visit other times of year. I could see perennials, ornamental grasses starting in various gardens, and they have an neat rock garden. There were signs of a cutting and annual garden. They have the a restored greenhouse with tropical plants. Plus the grounds have interesting trees and shrubs (most labeled) including a giant sequoia on the property. So I think it is worth it to visit other times of year I just haven't gotten down there yet. They also sponsor special gardening events throughout the year too.

Sue

• sedum37
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Has anyone made it to Daffodil Days? I guess the daffodils are still blooming strong and they predict good blooms through the weekend of May 6th (of course due to the weird weather!).

Sue

Check out the link to the Blithewold Blog for some tempting photos.

• mayalena
    17 years ago

Hi all.
    We were there last Saturday to celebrate my Mom's birthday and it was glorious. Thank you for the heads up on this forum, as it was the inspiration! Many daffs were up, flowering trees (other than magnolias) just starting. I imagine it will still be going the first weekend in May.
    ML