Identify plant, care and maintenance

Rickster88(USDA14)

Hi All,

Am I correct in saying this plant is a tristania obovata? My landscaper had put this plant into my garden and I'm trying to find the best way to care for it.

I'm looking for advice on fertiliser and pruning. At the moment I've used some gardening string to hold it up together. The branches are leggy are trying to get as much sun as possible (which is it positioned in such a position already). If I pruned it, it would be bald as nearly no leaves grow at the inner branches.

Thanks

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dandy_line (Z3b N Cent Mn)

I suppose is you live in Sumatra, it must be a native.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
MattNorton

what is that? I did see this plant, but I dont know what is the name

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Flowers Great Design Plant: Zagreb Tickseed Takes Care of Itself (Almost)
Get colorful drama along with deer resistance, drought tolerance and low maintenance — plus a butterfly or two
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Rosa Banksiae a Low-Maintenance Beauty
This thornless, disease- and insect-resistant rose brings showers of white or yellow flowers to the spring garden
Full Story
Succulents Amazingly Low-Maintenance Picks for Outdoor Planters
Turn to succulents, cacti and ornamental grasses to keep your summer watering and care to a minimum
Full Story
King Construction Company, LLC has been custom building all types of agricultural and accessory buildings for... Read More
Pond Roofing Company is a family-owned and operated business serving Northern Virginia residents for nearly 50... Read More