What to do with Puffball mushrooms
20 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (9)
- 20 years ago
Related Discussions
What to do with that hole in your yard - Cool Concrete Mushroom
Comments (3)When I finished looking at the rest of this post, I had a brain storm. You could take a bowl that would fit in the bottom of your hole. Turn it so that when you fill the hole with concrete it could leave a hollow space in the top of the mushroom. You could plant succulents or fill it full of marbles or whatever. Here is a link that might be useful: hypertufa post...See MoreWhat do mushrooms say about my compost pile?
Comments (5)When I was in college, somebody once told me that if you ever wake up with bullfrogs on your mind, it's a sure sign that you have bullfrogs on your mind (I think alcohol may have been involved). For some reason, though, his statement has stuck with me and I've been able to apply it to other situations. Maybe the mushrooms in your compost are a sign of mushrooms in your compost. In other words, it may be that sometimes a cigar is just a cigar....See MoreWhat to do with mushrooms?
Comments (21)"----Dcarch, just how much do they shrink when you dry them? I realize they have a lot of moisture. Sally" Actually they don't have more moisture than most veggies by weight. They have a tendency to give up water, especially in salty food. When they are dried, they don't shrink that much. They shrink more in volume if you slice them. Dried mushrooms are great for adding that special taste to recipes, not only that, if used them dry, they absorb a lot of water, so your dish will come out less watery. I have noticed that, in NY area, I assume it the same everywhere, white button mushrooms nowadays have less flavor, but much firmer. They are almost kind of crunchy when used in salad fresh. I suppose it�s a new variety designed best for transportation. dcarch...See MoreMushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms
Comments (8)Yes, was growing along the side of my lilac hedge in the back yard. Guessing 6" tall, pretty incredible imo. Hope more come in the future. Hunting for morels can be challenging. And you need the right weather. At least around here. We always had the best picking right at the time when the poplar trees were breaking bud and showing some greenish hue at the tops. And you needed a nice rain with nights above mid 50's df . That doesn't happen every year. Even then, you had to search out the areas that you know from experience grows them. Semi low ground, poplar trees etc around here. We covered a lot of acres some years and some years of course were better than others. They only lasted a few days then sort of disappear again. Different areas and soils can be different types of morels and timing....See More- 20 years ago
- 20 years ago
- 20 years ago
- 20 years ago
- 20 years ago
- 5 years ago
- 5 years ago
More Discussions
kwoods