SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ms_minnamouse

They're destroying my plants

ms_minnamouse
16 years ago

I had a bunch of Paw paws and spicebushes planted in the woods on our property. My dad insists on mowing in the woods and mowed them down. I had them marked.

My parents removed a bunch of trees to make it "look nice". So I asked if I could replant with native trees and plants that look nice and they agreed.

So I had one measly Red Mulberry in there and it just couldn't be. Some one mowed it down.

I came to my mom and complained and she says that I have so many things that no one knows what to cut. Which is funny when I surround my plantings with an obvious rock barrier or a bright painted stick marking the spot.

I had this plant guarded in a wire cage anchored to the ground with wire. Yet some how, according to my mom, it was no one's fault because it must have blown away from the wind.

Which is just laughable because the wind stacked it neatly on top of a box which had another cage on it. All perfectly placed in a neat little pyramid. And some how, the wind managed to rip up that cage but didn't knock down any of the cages in the vegetable garden and didn't knock over the cages on that pile.

I guess the point of this post is to rant. Why do they say yes, then I pay for and plant the tree, then they rip out the cage and mow it over?

And they love saying how they bought this lot because of all the wildlife it attracts. I guess wildlife loves lawn because that's what they're planting in the woods instead of the beautiful old, mature trees that were there.

And what kind of wildlife can be attracted besides birds and small rodents when they fence in the whole woods?

Comments (7)

Sponsored