SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
chrishow

New Garden in Spring

13 years ago

The heat has done it's damage to my gardens despite heavy watering on my part. They look like the end of August. So I thought I would post pictures of a healthier time.

Last year I cleared an empty space in the back of a sun garden and planted two "theme" gardens in the ares. They are separated by a curved walkway. This is not nearly as elaborate as some of the fantastic gardens we have seen here, but I want to show my efforts too since I got a lot of suggestions for plants from the members here.

Down the left side is my Beatles Garden.

The plants are (in no particular order)

Paul's Glory, Sun Power (for George who wrote Here Comes the Sun), Drummer Boy (Ringo), Julia (John's mother) Sgt Pepper, Lovely Rita, Rock and Roll, Abby, Revolution, Liverpool White, London Fog, Sea Octopus, Yellow Submarine and Yesterday's Memories.

This picture is taken from the other end and has the "Star Trek" garden on the left. This is planted for my husband, a long time trekkie!

This garden has Captain Kirk, Vulcan, Starboard Light, First Mate (since there is no hosta named Number One), Stardust, Lunar Orbit, Dark Star, Galaxy Light, Moongate Flying Saucer and Planet X.

Both pictures were taken in the early summer after they had all come up. There are also astible, ferns and huchera planted among the hosta.

(I need to figure out how to make my pictures larger when I am uploading into Photobucket!

chris

Comments (6)

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus