Please identify these berrys

billw129

I live in lake placid FL and these are growing in my back yard. Can anyone identify them? I would like to know if they are edible. Here is a link to the pictures that I took of them. http://s1149.photobucket.com/user/hollyrp09/library/

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos of berry bush

This post was edited by billw129 on Mon, May 26, 14 at 19:00

SaveComment2Like
Comments (2)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Iris GW

Looks like the fruit of Lantana camara which I don't think is edible. If so, the leaves should be very aromatic when brushed/bruised.

Save    
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
floral_uk z.8/9 SW UK

Yes, this is Lantana and no, it isn't edible. It's toxic in varying degrees to most animals, including humans. But birds like the berries.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Summer Gardening Houzz Call: Please Show Us Your Summer Garden!
Share pictures of your home and yard this summer — we’d love to feature them in an upcoming story
Full Story
Container Gardens Patio-Perfect Berry Bushes Like You’ve Never Seen
Small enough for pots but offering abundant fruit, these remarkable bred berries are a boon for gardeners short on space
Full Story
Gardening for Birds Feed the Birds: 6 Plants for Abundant Winter Berries
Be kind to your fair feathered friends during lean food times by planting a shrub or tree loaded with nutritious snacks
Full Story
We design functional homes for busy professionals who crave space to disconnect from their routine & unwind. Our... Read More
Our design services are tailored to your unique needs, timeline and budget. With your vision and our expertise,... Read More