SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jel48

Leaves, Leaves, Leaves

jel48
16 years ago

Everyone in the neighborhood seemed to be outdoors mowing, yep in November, and raking leaves today. I had a humongous pile of pin oak leaves that had blown right in on the driveway, even though most of the leaves will be on that particular tree until spring. Plus there were leaves in the back from the Amur maples. I spent 2-3 hours raking and shredding leaves and ended up with my 45 gallon trash can filled to the top three times. I hate to even think how many bags of leaves that would have been if they hadn't been shredded, because they really do pack down once they're through the shredder. One trash can full went immediately as mulch to my late planted hostas. The other two trash cans full went to one of the compost bins. I expect I'll keep more back later to go on as additional mulch for the hostas once the ground has frozen.

Oh, and this was after spending the morning on a bird walk at Quarry Hill nature center, hosted by out local chapter of the Audobon Society. We didn't see so many birds as I expected, but it was just a great morning to be out walking. Frosty and sunny to begin with, then just sunny with bright blue skys and temps pushing up towards the 50's at that point (warmer later, of course).

How about the rest of you? How did you spend this (yet again) glorious late autumn day?

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville