SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
liz321_gw

Mushrooms under my hosta?!

Liz321
11 years ago

I have a problem bed on the west side of my garage. Last year I planted a second row of blue hosta behind the front row that was planted a bit too far out from the garage. I was almost sure that they are getting too much sun due to yellowing and lack of growth, so I was planning on moving the blues after I returned from vacation.

I got back two days ago and not only are they more yellow, but even in this horrible heat and lack of rain, now most of the front row of hosta has mushrooms growing at the base? What in the heck is going on? The soil is dry as heck in almost the entire bed, except when I pull back the leaves on the larger front hosta, there are bunches of shrooms. Never seen it before.

I'm not an expert by any means, so I don't know what to do. It has no mulch under the hosta since I've been trying to grow groundcover that hasn't done well. I'm hesitant to mulch or move things with the mushrooms, and wonder if there is something else going on rather than just heat and too much sun. Any ideas - please and thank you.

Comments (10)