SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hollandgirlt

Need advice about what to do with this space

hollandgirlt
18 years ago

First, thanks to everyone who answered my previous question about ferns. I appreciate it very much!

Now, I have a design challenge. Here is a link to a photo of the front of my house: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tvanson/detail?.dir=d7dd&.dnm=41b8.jpg&.src=ph

(You might have to copy and paste it into your browser address field at the top of the page.)

I need to find a way to bring attention to my front doors and away from those big ugly garage doors.

To the right of the front doors and under the deck, there is a little garden area. It is about 8 feet long by 4 feet wide. From the garden area up to the deck, there is only about four to five feet of clearance, so I can't get a tree under there and then there are windows I also don't want to block.

The only thing planted on that whole side are three low-lying junipers that skirt the corner (they are not shaded by the deck.)

Just beyond the junipers and to the front of them is an oak tree (you can see some of its branches in the photo).

Oh yes, and if you look close, you can see that a hose and faucet are placed between the north garage door and the front door. While this is a wonderfully convenient place to have the hose, it sure is ugly!

The cement sidewalk in front of the door is a generous five feet by five feet. The house faces east and we get about two - to three hours of really intense sun each morning from about 9 am to noon.

Sorry this is such a long message, but I am sure there are some people out there with good ideas for me on how to deal with this really boring and uninviting entryway.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Columbus, OH