Plant identification (2)

jasonh7000

Hi, can anyone tell me what these plants are and if and how I can relocate them? I'm getting ready to put a driveway down, and there's a nice patch of these I'd like to keep...they're pleasant looking plants.

SaveComment3Like
Comments (3)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Iris GW

This could be Huperzia lucidula .

Here is a link that might be useful: USDA

Save    
Tiffany, purpleinopp Z8b Opp, AL(8B AL)

Stick a shovel in, all the way around, until it's a loose chunk. Then dig the same-shape hole where its' new home will be, insert the plug-you-dug. Plant will probably not even notice. They ARE cute!

Save    
ncrescue

I have successfully transplanted Lycopodiums, some by accident, i.e., they were with other plants that I had dug, so I didn't really take great care.

I think having sufficient moisture at the new site may be key, although getting roots will always be a factor. LOL!

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Ground Covers Native Alternatives to English Ivy, Japanese Pachysandra and Periwinkle
These shade-loving ground covers are good for the environment and say something about where you are
Full Story
Trees Native Plant Alternatives to Invasive Common Buckthorn
Learn how to identify and control this aggressive plant, and what to grow in its place
Full Story
Gardening Guides How to Find the Right Native Plants for Your Yard
Find plant maps, sale sites and guides that make going native in the garden easier than ever
Full Story
M.C. Fence and Deck installs decks, porches, patios and fences all over northern VA. We are family owned and... Read More