SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hedwig_gw

had my first stall, selling plants

hedwig
15 years ago

Yesterday, I had my first stall selling plants from my backyard nursery and I am quite happy with the results(didn't make a fortune but this stall we thought of being a first attempt. I shared the stall with another woman who sold paintings (which combined with the plants).

The result for me was:

- our backyard and car is small, hence I have to grow expensive plant that it's worthwhile

- it takes a long time for this reason I want to market through stalls only occasionally, for having the direct contact to clients and try to sell through nurseries

- I have to write/print the informations on the plants ( I sell useful,edible medical plants).

At the moment my biggest problem is buying/mixing potting and seed raising mix and getting the ingredients at a reasonable price (in Australia).

Second there is the fire ant officer who wants either to drench the plants in Cyfluthrin or Chlorphyriphos or repott the plants before sale, completely remove all the soil.

I am an organic gardener and don't want to use chemicals but repotting is lots of work, expensive and sets the plants back. (Especially because most plants will be planted out some days after purchasing). Any ideas or comments?

Comment (1)

Sponsored