SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kookykitty

When should I see signs of life?

kookykitty
15 years ago

Hi all. I just planted my first garden last year and I was wondering when my plants should show signs of life this spring. I live in Rochester, and I planted around some utilities using river rocks as mulch. I planted Russian Sages, which I cut back about a month ago and I am seeing signs of life with those. However, I also planted some Goblin Blanket Flowers and I see nothing. I'm also concerned about some Heavy Metal Switch Grasses I planted. I lost 2 of them for sure over the winter because they were knocked over by the snow from our drive-way and I think I had planted them too shallow. It looks as if the entire root ball came up when they fell over and then completely dissentigrated. However, I still had 3 standing tall all through the winter. I cut those back about a month ago, but they are still brown as can be and I see nothing green coming up around them at all. I've been looking at all my neighbors flowers and grasses and they all seem to be coming up nicely but my plantings look as dead as can be. Should I just fertilize them and give them some more time - or should I just replant? Thanks for your help.

Comments (5)

Sponsored