SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandra_christie

I really shouldn't be allowed to post here!!

sandra_christie
16 years ago

I really shouldn't be allowed to post on a gardening forum because it gives the impression that I have a clue about flower gardening, which is UNTRUE. I've just been looking at my pathetic flower (huh!) garden. It's a jumbled mess of coneflowers, brugmansias, some bee balm, crispy hostas and other assorted stragglers. I have ABSOLUTELY NO idea how to arrange perenials so that they look good together ALTHOUGH I read about this constantly, and I can even spout the correct terminology! Somehow when I go out there, I just can't get things to work together. Also, I never believe that anything will grow so I don't leave enough space for it, then it grows and so I end up with severe overcrowding in some spots, and blank spots in others. I would pay someone to give me a consultation and some pointers. I'm outside of Annapolis, and have 4 beds which I'm struggling with. Would anyone be interested? I would love to have a cottage garden look, but I'm finding this very tricky to do. I guess I need a garden mentor of sorts.

Comments (7)

Sponsored