SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2ajsmama

Lows in the 30's tomorrow morning!

2ajsmama
10 years ago

I've been keeping an eye on the forecast, was supposed to be low 40's but now they're saying 37 with a "feels like" temp of 33 for tomorrow morning. I've got some Remay but I don't know what weight, it's got holes in it, I cut 1 section before I realized there were 4 (3 seams) and have it hanging on the fence to protect the beans from the deer. Going to take that down today (DS is home from school so can help this morning) and put it over my tomatoes and/or peppers - but how thick to protect from those temps? It's very lightweight but it's the biggest thing I have.

I guess I can sacrifice the peppers, though they are looking great, no one wanted any at market last night, I can pick everything I have green though the bells haven't sized up, cherries are just starting to turn.

I'll pick whatever tomatoes are blushing too, but the hybrids near the house and the Rose de Berne out back are loaded with greenies, I'd like to cover those at least (only 6 or so Roses so 15ft of trellis, but they're in the middle of the row - can I use clothespins to hold the Reemay closed though I won't get an airtight seal?). Hybrids are all in 1 40-ish ft row, I figure I can drape Reemay over the 5ft high trellis and wrap, pin both ends and maybe weight the bottom edges to get a better "seal".

I'm assuming covering things early won't hurt since today will be cloudy with high only around 65.

What a year! Hope the weather's better next year, but I doubt the SWDs will be - which reminds me, I never mowed (or moved) or renovated the strawberries at all, no mulch, but the plants/foliage are so thick, you think they'll be OK without cover (maybe just lose some around the edges, and top foliage)? I guess I could use a tarp like I did in the spring...

Comments (12)

Sponsored