SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dctrimble_gw

Help - right tree right price?

18 years ago

My wife and I just bought a tree (we can return since we have not yet picked it up) but knowing next to nothing about trees we are wondering if we bought on looks alone and need to rethink our decision.

We bought a Full Moon Japanese Maple (Acer Japonicum Aconitifolium) - on the largish size (about 6 foot tall, very nice shape). It was on sale at $480. We will need to dig a 3 by 6 hole to plant this guy when it is delivered.

The neighbors have a Japanese Maples that are a different type - looks like they get larger than this tree will and have different leaves). We love their trees and thought the continuity with those trees would be nice. The tree will be near power lines so we did not want a tall tall tree.

Is this price reasonable (it seemed high and a lot more than we had in mind) and does anyone have any advice on this particular variety. It looks great, but then again looks can be deceiviing.

Thanks for any advice you all can provide. (I have a pic of the tree as well if anyone wants to see it)

david

Comments (3)