SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zenpotter

Spring plant exchange

zenpotter
14 years ago

I am checking to see if there is any interest in a spring plant exchange? I know I will have lots to share and would love to see an exchange. I would be happy to host it or help someone else organize it.

For those of you who have never attended one they are great fun. People pot up plants to share (they can be small or large or any size in between), bring in magazines and books and of course a pot luck dish to share for a fun meal. We get to put faces to the names and end up being friends that we will see at least a few times a year and maybe more. In the past there have been spring and fall exchanges as well as a mid-winter seed exchange.

Everyone puts out the plants they brought. There is time to look around at what is out there and then the plants are taken in a organized manner so everyone gets at least some of what they really want. It is done in rounds with round one being the choice of one plant, round two, two plants and so on.

As far as pots go, you can use paper cups, extra plastic pots, tubers are put into newspaper etc. It is a relaxed and fun time. I have many plants that I got from exchanges.

If you are new to gardening you can just come along and get some plants to start you out. There are enough of us with plants to share that that isn't a problem.

I would propose May 15th or 16th as a good time to have the trade.

If this happens more directions will follow. At this point I am just putting the idea out there to see if I should go ahead with an exchange.

If anyone wants more info send me an email with your phone number and I will give you a call.

Please let me know of interest and if one of the dates works for you. I guess it would help to let you know I live in South Minneapolis near Lake Nokomis.

Pauline

Comments (76)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting