SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jrslick

Rain, Rain and more Rain

I am very happy, we finally got rain and man did it rain! We ended up with over 4 inches for the whole rain event. My parents, 30 minutes south of me ended up with over 8 inches since last Thursday. It started for us on Saturday morning, before the farmers market and showered just about the whole time. Luckily it was still ok with sales. Then it stopped that afternoon. I was able to work up some raised bed I made several weeks ago and got radishes, turnips, kale and winter carrots planted. Then it started raining Saturday night/Sunday morning and didn't stop until Monday night. There were a few breaks, but not many. It was a slow, gentle shower. We finally started to get some run off on Monday. The rest of the time it just soaked in. It has also been cold, by July in Kansas standards. My high tunnel sides have been down since Friday night. I just put them up this evening! We have had highs in the 60's and lows in the low 50's. I actually wore a sweatshirt!

I am a little concerned about my melons. Many are almost ready and I hope they don't start splitting. I have kept them very well watered, but who knows!

I am excited for our fall/winter plantings. We have never had this much moisture at the end of July (at least in the last 9 years)

Just thought I would share. Smiles are all around at this farm and the boots are muddy!

Jay

Comments (9)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH