SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
little_minnie

ethics at market

little_minnie
12 years ago

At my market the sales start when the bell rings at 3:30 and not a minute before. It is super annoying during set up to be bothered by people who cannot read the signs that say the market opens at 3:30 and no pre-sales allowed! Then after you tell them they want to have you hold stuff for them. We don't have a rule about it but I only want to do it for other vendors so it is fair to all customers. Does anyone have any thing they say or do regarding people who want you to hold stuff? An annoying woman last week wouldn't leave me alone before market and got me to hold two flower bouquets. Then when my best flower customer came up promptly at 3:30 like every week, I felt bad she didn't get first choice. I don't want to hold stuff anymore.

P.S. Most of the year I have so much to set up I need the whole time without being bothered by customers. So I use a string and sign across the front of my booth when I am setting up (once I have a lot of produce to set up). Customers will go under it, go around my booth and walk up by my truck or lean over and grab things! I just stare at them. So, a sign like that doesn't help that much believe it or not.

Comments (16)

Sponsored