SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nico_girl3

General newbie questions

nico_girl3
12 years ago

I'm looking into doing my local Farmer's Market next summer. I have a roughly 6400 sq ft. garden. Is that large enough to do the 3 markets that are in my area? I plan on doing tomatoes, peppers, squash, melons, berries (strawberries, raspberries, black berries, and blueberries), and grapes. I'm planning on growing the raspberries, blackberries, and grapes outside the fenced off area. Is there any recommendations for other stuff that may do well. I'm planning on going to a couple of the markets when they open to see what people are growing and selling. All the stuff I want to grow will be heirloom varieties and though not organically grown, they will be grown all naturally. I don't want to use any pesticides since I have a 3 year old.

So in gerneral my questions are:

Is my 6400 sq ft garden large enough for 3 markets?

What are some other good things to grow/sell?

Is hoping to make an extra $500 a month resonable or crazy? Though I would love to make more I'd be happy with 500.

I also thought about trying some cut flowers, are there any suggestions/recommendations?

This is just a hobby for me and something to get me out of the house since I'm a stay at home mom. I live on 40ish acres and can expand my garden if needed. Sorry for the rambling I'm just excited.

Comments (14)

Sponsored