SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
madabouteu

Labels for plant sales

madabouteu
16 years ago

My local MGA has an annual plant sale and this year I was de facto pretty much in charge of labeling. It's a large sale, so it was a lot of work!!! In earlier years we had put name and price on a homemade label (cut-up plastic windowblind slats) but there were complaints that the labels with cheap prices were being moved to expensive pots by unscrupulous customers. This year, we tried adhesive labels overlain by clear packaging tape. I feel this did not work well; the tape and labels did not stick well to many pots, and with terracotta the moisture seeped through and ruined the labels.

How do you label plants for your local sales event? My own feeling is that the amount of "label migration" is very low and that is the better method, but if you have a better idea I would be very glad to hear it.

BTW, I think we could solve the problem by using adhesive price tags put on the last week; the amount of water damage in a week is small, and the adhesive labels cannot be moved without it showing. And who would bother to move a label with just ID info?

Comments (10)