SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alyciaadamo

Great Expectations grrrrrrrrrr

alyciaadamo
11 years ago

I have had it!! I really have. I bought Great Expectations 4 yrs ago. The first spring I had planted it too deep so it was not happy. The next spring either my dogs or my children ripped all the leaves off it(all 3 anyway). Then last spring it was so wet it just wasn't happy but it had like 7 leaves I think. FINALLY this year not only did it get 8-10 INCHES tall but a second EYE came up I was soooo happy. This morning my dogs got into my garden and of all the hostas I have in there, they just had to break THAT ONE!SERIOUSLY?! REALLY?REALLY?!! They ripped the BIG eye right out!GRRRRRRRRR. I love my dog but I am starting to wonder if someone wants a 6 yr old GH!

I had also bought another Great Expectations about a month ago and thought that could be a back up but apparently that one has lived up to the reputation and it is on it's way out! Of all things root rot-the soil it's in, is no different than anything else!(although I am thinking of sending an email to the guy I got it from to see if I can get either another one or a refund. Still debating and trying to figure out if it's all my fault or not)

So is there somewhere specific where I can buy a nice 2-3 eye HAPPY Great Expectations?Is HAPPY even possible with this thing!? I plan on buying some hostas from Land of the Giants does anyone know what their GE looks like? I will have it gosh darn it all to heck!!!!!!!Even if I kill it a gazillion times!!!!!

Comments (23)