SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crnagora95

Wax Bean Ratings

crnagora95
12 years ago

So I grew this year in my garden a lot of bean varieties, just to get a taste of each variety. Almost all were pole beans. The cream of the crop were the pole waxes I got. I grew Marengo, Gold of Bacau, Barksdale and Uzice Speckled Wax. I prepared these by steaming them, as I did with all the other beans. Out of all of them, Marengo was the worst. It was later, smaller, less tender and not as productive. Next was Gold of Bacau, which was biger and more productive, but not tender at all. Barksdale was great, but foretold, it was late. My favorite was Uzice Speckled Wax. I might be biased since all the beans I have tried from the former Yugoslavia have been great, and that my mom is from a place just a stones throw away from Uzice, but this bean was great. It was almost an inch wide in some beans, and up to eight inches. It was super productive, tender and a joy to eat. It is one of the few beans I'll plant next year. One thing I did notice is that unlike Zeedman's, mine were not half runners. Like Drloyd's, mine went up past the trellis. That didn't matter though, they were still good!

Comments (13)

Sponsored