SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
grullablue

These are tiger lilies, correct?

grullablue
12 years ago

I will include a pic. I'm in love with them! I have a few growing in different areas of my yard, and I want MORE! They are about 5 feet tall, and were dug up from a friend's yard. Last year, I took a bunch of the seeds, threw 'em in a bag, with plans to scatter them around, and forgot about them. When I found the bag a few weeks later, the seeds were all sprouting in the bag! So, I took them outside, and just sort of spread them around, where I hoped to get some of these flowers, some I pushed into the ground a little bit with my finger, others just sort of left. I figured, well, I imagine they self seed pretty much anyway, so I'd just move the seeds myself. I am not sure, if I was successful, should I have seen something pop up this year? Nothing did. I put the seeds in three different places, nothing. Ugh. So, it makes me a little nervous...I actually want to move two of my flower stalks, but I also don't want to kill them, as I don't have many! So, they're flowering now, with the seeds all laying neatly along the leaves... I left them out naturally last year, if I were to grow these seeds, is there something I should do differently?

I also just wanted to get an ID, and make sure these are what I believe they are. I'm totally in love. And if they come in other colors, this tall like this, I would like to get my hands on some!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living