SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leila_2006

New to Bearded Iris need lots of help

leila_2006
17 years ago

Hi, I have what I think are Bearded Irises. I have read and read and I am still confused. I just dug up some rizomes around a tree that was chopped down. They never bloomed. Ofcourse neither did many of the other Irises,that I split and planted. So, I dug up where the green leaves where sticking out. Some of the rizomes had roots, some were very small and some were vary large with many roots, some were odd shaped, like a "Y". Some of the large rizomes did not have any green stalks on them. I have placed them in a bucket in my shed. I don't know exactly how to divide. I had divided per instructions in previous years, but not all bloomed. Is there any where on the interenet that I can find pictures of the rizomes? Pictures illustrating the splitting of the rizomes? Some of the rizomes with roots had something that looked like a round whitish "thing" attached to the roots. Some were very small and some were larger..about the size of a small to med. mushroom button. It was soft in texture and I broke open this thing and it was moist inside. Does anyone know what that might have been? I need to do something with the rizomes that are currently in the bucket in the shed by tomorrow morning, but what? Please help!!!

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County