SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arylkin

help with lily blooming times with different varieties

arylkin
10 years ago

I have a area in my garden which I'm planning to put a number of lilies in the fall. I've ordered a few tall orienpet lilies from Holland Bulbs for the fall, which are supposed to grow to 6-8 feet in a few years. I'm wondering what people do with different varieties of lilies. Ideally, I'd like to prolong the blooming as long as possible with combining different varieties. I've been reading about asiatics (which seem to have been in bloom in my area from about 2 weeks ago), stargazer lilies, oriental lilies, trumpet lilies, etc.

Can any lily experts give me a general idea of which order the different lilies bloom in their gardens? I guess it technically doesn't matter, I could just buy a bunch of different varieties in the fall and plant them all and see what happens next year, hoping for a long show. It would just be nice to have an idea on when the different ones bloom to coordinate the different flowers in the garden.

I ordered three varieties of orienpets, but am planning on buying the other lily varieties in garden centers in the fall. In your experience are there a number of different lily varieties available in the big box stores in the fall (orientals, asiatics, stargazers)?

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!