SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rodgerwinn

Todays pictures after a good much need rain

rodger
15 years ago

We had a good rain the other night and another tonight. I took these yesterday morning hope you enjoy.

This is the side of my house outside the picket fence looking towards the garden. The tree limbs on the left are from an 80year old pecan the buildings in front are my chicken pens they provide meat, eggs ,insect control, garbage disposal and good rich manure.

This is a picture of a greasy pod pole. next is a couple of rows of field peas called Ozark Razorback next is Peanuts.

This next shot is a peanut in full bloom. The variety is an heirloom called Tenn. red valencia

These are a field pea called Colossus a 1972 Clemson University release large tan crowder.

The Rattlesnake Pole bean Zelma Zester is begining to dry I will pick them this weekend and let them air dry in the shop in Bread racks for a couple of weeks till crisp then I will shell and clean and freeze.

This is a view at the entrance to the vegetable garden which is surrounded byt an herb garden. The large green leafy vegetable behind the water can is Horseradish. Before it with Blue aster like flowers is Chickory which the leaves are eaten in salad and the root is dried and roasted for coffee. The white flowers are a species of tomato called Lychee. The Lychee tomato has wicked thorns some over two inches and tomatoes like a husk tomato. the flavor is very sweet and taste like a cherry not a tomato.

The purple in the foreground is the purple hyacinth bean which is from China and eaten in the early pod stage in stir frys. The mature seed are toxic and shouldn't be eaten. I grow it soley as an ornamental vine.

Comments (2)

Sponsored