SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyiris

One More Iris planting Question

lovelyiris
16 years ago

Have you ever noticed that one question leads to many more?

Ok, once again I've been reading everything posted as best I can.

After planting a good many irises facing the sun I read something that said you should plant their backs to the sun. Can someone tell me the pro's and con's of this ideal?

Then I think it was Mr. Moore that says if you can, make the signs facing North and they will last longer. This makes sense to me. The writting would not be facing the sun and so forth so it wouldn't be as faded. Unfortunately, I've already planted most of mine and there is no way I'm going to replant them. My body is already screaming from all the work. (grin)

I'm beginning to wonder if all this work is going to take the fun out of growing irises or does it get to the point that it's all part of it and it comes natural. I've nearly killed myself today making more signs, planting irises, and so forth. It's hot outside and not a breath of air is moving. The little signs almost make it look like someone really knows what their doing or going into business selling irises.

So if given a choice, which direction is best to plant the irises, and why? I've always planted them anywhere I wanted them and they all did fine.

How did something this easy get so complicated? What is that old saying? KISS:

Maybe we should do a test and plant some of the same plants North, South, East, and West and see for ourselves if there is any difference. Happy Gardening, Marian

Comment (1)

Sponsored