SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
matt_conner88

Problem With Oriental Lily

Matt Conner
9 years ago

Hey everyone! I'm pretty new to growing stuff so I hope I don't get on your nerves in the coming days with questions I may have. The first problem I am having is I noticed this morning that there is yellow stuff growing around the bottom of my lilies. I live in an apartment and I can't plant stuff out in the yard so I have to keep everything in containers. I got this lily a couple of days before Father's Day and it was doing really good. The smell is awesome! I've been watering it about every other day until the water starts to drain out of the bottom. It doesn't take very much water at all. But I can't help thinking that I am still watering it too often. Here in Indiana the heat is beginning to really set in however. I always touch the soil before watering to see if it's dry or not. Could it be getting too much sunlight. It doesn't really start getting hit with the sun until about 1:00 in the afternoon. So that gives it plenty of sun for about 7 hours a day (when it's sunny). I am attaching a picture and I am hoping someone can tell me what might be going on here. Thanks!

This post was edited by HoosierPagan on Tue, Jun 17, 14 at 11:24

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor