SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gayle0000

Here's My Yard Tour

gayle0000
12 years ago

Got around to taking some photos of my yard. Here's a quick intro if you don't know or recall about me...

I'm Gayle. I'm 42. I've got a 5yr old daughter. I bought this house and 2nd vacant lot in 2008. The lot was left to mother nature for 55 years. There was an okay front lawn...enough to justify buying a lawn mower the first year.

There was a small patch of grass in the back, but I ended up killing most of it and starting over due to garlic mustard and other weeds being the primary source of green.

I dug all the beds, planted 90% of the grass, and did all the plants.

First, a couple of hosta groupings:

L-R: Guacamole (bought as a clump), Dream Queen, Abiqua Drinking Gourd, Heatwave.

L-R: Dick Ward, Abiqua Moonbeam, Heuchera Marmalade, Liberty

Here's a spot I just re-vamped outside my front door. I re-sculpted the grass line and finally got to planting this area less than a month ago. Front center: Blue Mammoth (2nd year). All the rest are brand-new...L-R: Sleeping Beauty, Orange Marmalade, Kiwi Full Monty. Back Row: Bressingham Blue, Sum and Substance (planted there in 2008).

On "this" side of the walking stones...it's nothing. I killed that grass last year with plastic sheeting. It's a planting bed for me to work on. Maybe I'll have something to show you next year.

Here's the front area when I bought the house:

Here is the west side of my house...the vacant lot in 2008, the first summer I lived here:

And here is what it looks like after 3 seasons of clearing out. Raw land. As you can imagine, I don't date. I don't have any other hobbies besides gardening. All done by me...by hand. It's dappled sun/shade all day. Can you see the hosta possibilities????

And, the latest acquisition...a playhouse for my daughter (garden shed/storage for me in winter). I got that corner cleared out last summer and have been planning that playhouse for way too long. I get to LANDSCAPE that!!!! Woo Hoo!

Thanks for looking.

Gayle

Comments (23)