SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairyskyla

Nervous about Light Situation Need Some Advice Please!

fairyskyla
19 years ago

Hi,

I am moving in about two weeks. Luckily for me it's not too far away. I am moving to the first floor in the same house and will have the backyard. I am in a three family house. Right now, all of my plants are in my kitchen and they have been flourishing and growing just beautiful. I have a really huge window, and the light is just incredible! This is the trade off for the backyard I guess..*frowns*..In my new apartment, it is definetely a bigger kitchen however a way smaller window. The lighting is poor totally..So I know I am definetely going to have to supplement with the lighting. I am so nervous my plants will not do well. I have all kinds, ranging from citris to cactus. I have been thinking nothing but their acclimitization that they are going to be facing here in about a week or so.

I went and purchased flourescent compact light bulbs, they are currently 1380 lumens. I have a three tier lamp and was thinking to use that to supplement the lighting. What do you think? Will this work? My plants range from high light plants to low light. Please help, I stink at lighting, I have never had to use artificial lighting before. From what I read flourescent seems to be the best. Will this be enough light? They will be at an east facing window which is small. The window itself can hold about three plants total. I plan to place my high light plants there such as my citris and jade plant. The rest can't fit maybe one more. I have enough plant stands to place by the window, but the light coming through is simply not enough to reach them.

Any help on this or suggestions would really ease my mind. I am a nervous wreck. I love all my plants and want them to be able to transition okay, I don't want to lose them.

Thanks for all of your help if you can help.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio