SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andee_gw

Nervous about Craigslist appt. at home tonight -please advise

andee_gw
14 years ago

After weeks of keeping a Craigslist listing alive, and continually lowering the price, I finally made a deal to sell the loveseat, chair and ottoman. I paid attention to the advice some of you gave on the Decorating Forum (cash/carry,etc.) I did notice the responder said he wanted to buy "it all" which indicated perhaps some experience in buying/selling?

This was last week and he said he couldn't come by this weekend, but would come after work on Monday with his pickup. I told him I'd send the address on Monday. I delayed all day today, and then later this afternoon emailed him because our weather forecast is for thunderstorms this p.m. He said it was ok, he was bringing his Lexus because of the weather and hoping to be able to fit a couple of pieces in it and would make two trips.

Small alarm bell: he works in D.C. (he says) I live in Northern VA suburbs (huge) and his cell phone has a Maryland area code. Two trips? The furniture is sturdy/heavy with lots of big cushions.

I offered to let him come later in the week. He said "no", and his pickup wouldn't start this a.m. anyway. So just before I left work at 4:30, I sent my address. I got home and at 5:30 his message said something urgent had come up; could we delay until Wed. I said Yes.

Now, the furniture (w/o cushions) is in the carport. I'm here alone with no DH tonight or the rest of the week and have to go to work Tues. and Wed. I've given a stranger my address.

Should I try to get the furniture inside? Which is not going to be easy for me. Sorry this is so long -- is there anything I need to know or watch out for? I"m so mad at myself. I should have told him something different, but I don't know what, and now I'm a little upset.

Comments (15)