SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

Lilies -- June 2012

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

My early blooming yellow lilies--Asiatics, I assume. I've had them so long that I no longer remember their name, but they do look nice in this setting, don't they!

{{gwi:322322}}

The larger white buds on the left belong to a white lily (name unknown) that I planted years ago and managed to stomp on every spring for several years in a row. After that about all that would peep out of the ground was two small leaves. Eventually I forgot all about it (other than putting a stone by it so that I wouldn't stomp on it again), but this spring, surprise! It grew full-sized and bloomed beautifully. Why I didn't take a pic of it, I'll never know--it was like a small miracle in resurrection!

Silk Road Lily--this is my new lily, and I love it, although I didn't expect it to bloom this early in the season, but it seems happy blending in with the blue larkspur, doesn't it!

White Regale Lily and Double Knock Out Rose--they really set it other off fine, don't they!

{{gwi:228924}}

White Regale Lily and Lily buds--here's a better view of Regale, and get a load of all those buds on the lilies to the right. In a couple weeks, they will be towering over everything in the yard and making quite a display. So hard to wait sometimes!

{{gwi:228925}}

I have a bunch of lilies in another place in the yard, but none of them have bloomed yet. Some will be blooming for the first time this year, so I'm quite excited to see them and will post pics of them for you to admire. : )

Hope you enjoyed my lilies.

Kate

Comments (2)