SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
redshirtcat

redshirt's great hosta identification of 2011?

redshirtcat
12 years ago

Hi everyone. I'm hoping for some help identifying some plants in my father's gardens. Some of these are 20 years old, some are from last year. The only ones I know about for sure are the #1s - they are very old. He has no idea what most of these are called. Some of them he has a pretty good idea about and I'd just like a 2nd opinion since I see a variety of different photographs for some of them.

There are about 20 different unidentified types as far as I can tell. Some of them might be duplicates but are growing in different gardens and I can't tell the difference between a plant that is the same and just getting more sun in one place and a whole other plant.

Also please note that in the closeups with the measurements my hand blocks the light so the color changes - the accurate color is the closeup of the leaf without the measurement.

I will give some wide angle shots here and then a link to the gallery where you can see all of the plants. This way I don't spam you all with 60 images in a post. If it is preferable to post them all here then someone let me know as I am certainly willing, I just didn't want to create 20 threads and didn't want to spam this one with many pictures.

I've given each a number in the comments. Where possible I have taken a picture of the flowers or the spikes if they have yet to open. I tried to provide one picture of the plant, one of a closeup of a leaf, and one with a measurement on the leaf for each plant. Let me know if you need any other photographs or information. I'm trying to organize his gardens this Summer.

Here is a link to the Picasa album with images for each unidentified hosta:

Hosta Identification

And here are some wide-angle shots of a few of the beds... there are quite a few I didn't take wide angles of as well.

I would appreciate any help! Thanks for looking.

From Hosta Identification

Comments (30)