SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kate1970_gw

H. Ghost Spirit

Kate1970
9 years ago

I posted this photo of a newly acquired hosta and Jo was kind enough to ask me about it and to start a thread about it. I'll be honest when I went to Bridgewood Garden's I had no intention of buying this particular hosta. I actually had a list and had no plans of deviating from said list. (Welcome to the land of delusion! Thank you, drive thru!)

When I spied Ghost Spirit I had to have it, truth be told I wanted the entire tray of them.

The guy who came home with me 2 weeks ago.

Photo this afternoon of the same plant with a new flush of leaves.

I would love to hear from anyone growing this particular hosta, currently he is potted up and getting a bit of morning sunshine and the rest of the day shade. Its so pretty I had to pot it so I could enjoy it along with my morning coffee on the patio. Other than being a sport of Valentine Lace I don't know much else about it.

Bridgewood Gardens had the following information posted on their website.

Medium. A sport of 'Valentine Lace' with very unusual foliage. The leaves are margined blue-green, with a white center. The center has green misting in the spring, gradually changing to all green in summer.

- Approximate height - 18"
- Approximate spread - 36"
- Flower - Pale lavender

I'm heading to back to Bridgewood Garden's tomorrow, they are having their last open house. So I'm planning to ask Chick about it. Would love to hear more and see photo's of it in other's gardens/pots etc. :)

Thanks!

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville