SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilene_in_neok

Anyone know anything about these beans?

ilene_in_neok
16 years ago

I ordered some beans from a gourmet shop, a pound of each. They ran $3.50 - $4.50 a pound, but I plan to share with some gardening friends so it'll be cheaper than paying $2.50 for a packet of 20 beans. Anyway, they have some really lovely beans -- some of which are duplicated under another name on their site, I found out. Not to worry, though, I only duplicated one, and I've e-mailed them to ask if they will substitute something else I picked instead of one of the duplicates.

Now, my question is, they just talk about taste on this site. They aren't expecting their gourmet clientele to be planting them instead. They don't say if they're a bush, a climber, or what. Some of them I've found out by searching on the Internet that they're green beans, but not what their growing habit is. Do any of you know? Here's the list of what I bought. (DH is going to start calling me "Jack" (and the beanstalk) when he sees how much I spent, but he'll calm down after he gets all the facts.

The beans I bought are:

Pink Pearl or Pinquito,

Ying Yang or Orca or Black Calypso,

Pebble Beans,

Zuni Gold or Raquel,

Red Calypso,

Rattlesnake (which I understand are green beans),

Mayflower, also known as Red Nightfall or Colorado River (which I understand are cutshort green beans),

Black Nightfall,

Maine Yellow Eye (otherwise known as Dot Eye, Molasses Face, or Yellow Eyed China Bean),

Swedish Brown Beans otherwise known as Brown Indian Woman Beans,

Tiger Eye,

China or Persian Lima Beans,

Dapple Gray,

White Marble, also known as Marrow Beans,

Poquito Bean,

Maronne Bell Peas (beans)

Here's the link, it has pictures of the beans.

Here is a link that might be useful: Purcell Mountain Farms

Comments (15)

Sponsored