SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sassy7142

hey_j

sassy7142
15 years ago

hey_j, I tried to send you an email, but something didn't work so I guess I'll have to do it this way.

Oh well, others maybe could benefit from this info.

I had to order a couple of hostas after seeing your pics of plants that you got from Hilltop Farms. I really like the idea of receiving plants in the pot of dirt that they'd been growing in. I'm happy with their prices. I ordered Gypsy Rose and Grand Tiara.

I had a long conversation with the owner, Oscar, about Foliar Nematodes and he told me to buy some

Merit .5 Systemic Insecticide Granules.

Oscar told me that will do the trick.

I remember last summer you had said that you had a

nematodes problem too. Well, just thought I'd pass along what Oscar had told me. He told me that I needed to put it on now. I ordered a 30# bag of it from a place in Mass called Primary Product. It cost $98.99 plus $12.95 for P&H.

I just applied it a couple of hours ago. To apply it, Oscar told me to put on some gloves and just throw it onto the hostas, then really drench the soil with water. (doing that right now with the hose/sprinkler) If I remember right those Nematodes start showing their damage in July. Sure hope this stuff works, but Oscar swears by it. He says that he knows people that have had great success with it.

BTW, I told him about the beautiful pics that you posted on this forum after receiving your hostas from him. I told him that you gave his business some great free adertising. LOL

Just thought I'd let you know what Oscar had recommended to kill those nematodes. He wasn't impressed with the Zerotol that I was using last summer. (Neither was I) Oscar said that I needed a systemic insecticide.

Merit is made by Bayer and Bayer list it as a product for grubs, not nematodes, but Oscar says it'll work on nematodes. I sure hope so.

Later,

SASSY

My email adress is:

nursecarol@mechling.net

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz