SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jchad214

What's wrong with my hydrangea?

jchad214
9 years ago

I bought this hydrangea in June from Lowes. It's Forever and Ever hydrangea. A month later, in July, it still looked fine when I repotted it as you can see from the picture. Then I have to leave for MN for a month so I leave it at my workplace for my coworker to take care of it. Since I live in Dallas-Fort Worth area so I decide to put it inside where it only got some late afternoon sun. When I came back in August, I noticed that my coworker over watered it. I also started to see that the new leaves didn't grow. They stunted and stayed light green. Distance between leaves nodes was so short. Lower leaves started to dropped early. I took it back home where it got morning sun but after two weeks I had to leave again. So I brought it back to my office for another month. This time I told my friend to water it less. However, when I got back to DFW last week, I saw that the condition didn't improve. Could anyone tell me what is wrong? I will post the current pic in the following message.

P.S. I actually have 2 other hydrangeas (endless summer and nantucket blue) which had been in the same condition as this one but they thrived.

This post was edited by jchad214 on Tue, Oct 14, 14 at 0:42

Comments (9)