SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
malorn

missing post...overwinter question..yet another!

malorn
16 years ago

I swear I typed up and posted this in the am..but I can't seem to find it...so forgive if this becomes a duplicate...

Yes..it's another winter protection question and yes I have read the excellent info published previously..

I am assuming that if you protect a plant that may not need protection..can injury the plant..yes?

I live on Cape Cod...mentioned for being especially great for hydrangea...In my small community..I never see anyone protect their plants..but I've never seen lacecaps..the only people I know with lacecaps..did have well established plants...however..I did ask them if they protected them initially..they did..I did not know these people..just stopped, knocked on door and asked...seems everyone loves talking about their hydrangeas...

I know I will protect the involucrata, but my other lacecaps..Shamrock, Izo No Hana, Coerulea Lace..their tags say they should be OK...but I'm so new to this..would it hurt to just throw some canvas or something over them or am I being just an over protective new mother...???

Comments (5)