SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
minnkim

My new hostas came! Yay!!!

13 years ago

I ordered my first ever mail order hostas from Northern Grown Perennials a couple weeks ago, and today the mailman brought me a great big box! I am so impressed with the plants. I've never actually bought a bare root hosta, so it was interesting to see what goes on under all that dirt.

I ordered 6 plants: Rainforest Sunrise, Jimmy Crack Corn, Big Daddy, Pizzazz, Love Pat and Abiqua Moonbeam, and got a free bonus of Black Hills. When you place the order, you are instructed to make a list of what you might like for a bonus plant, and that was the first on my list.

They all have big gorgeous roots, and all except Rainforest Sunrise are multi eye. Abiqua Moonbeam is huge, at least 6 eyes, and so large I could beat someone to death with it. Even the bonus plant is a great big 2 eye plant.

We might get storms here tonight, and I didn't want to plant them in the ground to get beat down their first day here, so I popped them all into a big pot with some dirt and gave them a good drink. Will they be okay like that for a couple days?

Comments (2)