SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ditas_gw

Princess Kyushu is weeping ...

ditas
14 years ago

Hello H paniculata lovers - yes, P. Kyushu's beautifully groomed, full head of blossoms looked, very sad and weepy this AM ... a series of storms that skirted around us (from noon to midnight) took her 'finialed' branches down ... 2 large ones, even broken!!! Â:((( One of the storm's reach, got a bit wide & she was in the line of fire ... sitting in front, as the strong winds funneled thru to wrap around the back! My entire backyard, looked like one of those, fast whirling, entertainment-park-rides, as the storm surged.

What surprised me is, as many sticks, branches, debris etc scattered about, none of the H paniculatas, let go of any of their clusters, of blossoms! Â;) Both Tardivas look a bit weepy as well, & will need some support with ties - thick & tall center canes need some bundling ... alas, no broken limbs!!! Â;) I have a chore ahead ... will wait for all the buzzing critters to retire for the evening! Bees & minor wasps don't bother me, they're too drunk & happy, but I don't trust those huge, sly hornets!!!

Other communities, in the actual path of the sporadic, series of storms reported devastations ... I shouldn't complain ... but my grand-dau will be sad to see, a bald spot, on top of her Princess Kyu's lovely head! 'Wonder if I can try & root the large branches, broken off?

Thanks for reading! Â;)

Comments (7)