SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kadazuro

questions about diy formulas for veg and fruits

11 years ago

Hello.

Im doing a hydroponic garden and planning on using two reservoirs, one for greens (basil, lettuces, celery) and other ones for fruiting plants (tomatoes, cucumber, bell peppers, etc).

Initially I was planning on using already mix nutrients but prices are really high for imported nutrients here in Costa Rica, but we can get the nutrients as soluble salts, not premixed hydro packages but in individual bags

I dont want to use the same formula for both reservoirs, and if possible I would like to have a concentrate stock where I can add a different amount based on the reservoir type

by playing around with hydrobuddy and reading on Daniel site I've found that i can do this, but not sure what would be the best way,

Should i create a concentrate for growth, and another set for fruiting?

Should I try to copy a commercial formula so I could use the same recipe they recommend (gh flora series for instance)

the best or more handy way that I have found so far is based on this post from Daniel's site (like below) where he creates two sets of A and B concentrates, one for grow and another for fruiting, and the good thing is that both formulas share the B side of the formula so I will only need to do 3 mixes, A-grow A-fruit, and B, but now, Im not sure how good or bad (or how old), those formulas are.

here are the formulas, values in ppm

Grow

K 200

N03 150

Nh4 0

P 50

Mg 50

Ca 144

S 69

Mo 0.05

Cu 0.07

Zn 0.25

Fe 4.86

B 0.7

Mn 0.5

Fruit

K 350

No3 170

nh4 0

P 50

Mg 50

Ca 144

S 95

Mo 0.05

Cu 0.07

Zn 0.25

Fe 4.86

B 0.7

Mn 0.5

any input or suggestion on what would be the best way, recommendations, point to different set of gro and fruit formulas or guidance will be much appreciate it.

thanks.

Here is a link that might be useful: Preparing A, B and C (three part) Concentrated Nutrient Solutions

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz