SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeanerz13

Penny Mac vs Endless Summer

jeanerz13
10 years ago

What are the biggest differences between Penny Mac and Endless Summer hydrangeas?

I know they're both rebloomers and have pink or blue blooms depending on the soil. From the pictures I've seen online, I think Penny Mac has deeper, more vibrant colors. Is that true?

I took out two hydrangeas recently (one, the nursery had sold me the wrong kind and the other just wasn't doing as well as I felt it should). I took them back to exchange for Penny Macs (same as what I had purchased originally) but this time I was hoping to buy them in bloom. Turns out they didn't have any more Penny Mac hydrangeas so I just got store credit. I've called all around and no one seems to have them, though I can find Endless Summer. I'm trying to decide if I want to get the Endless Summer to fill the holes left by the others or just wait until fall when my usual nursery gets more Penny Macs in. I don't want something where the flower color is so pale that it might as well be white (like I've seen in some Endless Summer pictures).

Also, I've seen some places say that Penny Mac grows to around 2 to 4 feet while others say it can get up to 6 to 8 feet. What height have you experienced with Penny Macs? I want something that will be right around 3 feet tall.

Comments (14)