SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lsu27

What all goes into a Japanese Garden

lsu27
17 years ago

I will be building a new home within the next year and have fallen in love with Japanese style gardens. However I do not know a lot about this style. Just this past sunday I did however buy two Japanese Maples, one has green leaves and the other one has red leafs, the green leafed one is about 4 feet tall now and is very full and bushy just beautiful, the red leafed one is about the same height but not as bushy. The lady at the nursery told me that they both get to be about 20-30 feet tall, but grow very slowly and that I should plant them on the north side of my new home, due to the fact that I live In Louisiana and our summers are just too much for them, so they like the shade. So was just wondering what other kind of trees/plants go good with the Jap. Maples, and yes I will be buying more Jap. Maples in the near future, especially the laceleaf varietys. What kind of rocks, buildings, ponds, bridges, etc... I will have all the room I need at my new home, buying over 5 acres, but would like for my backyard to be Japanese, and the rest of the land to be natural. Any info. would help. Thanks

Comments (5)

Sponsored