SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovelyiris

I need Help with an iris problem

lovelyiris
16 years ago

I hate to just post this without reading all the old post so please forgive me for just asking for help.

I have recently noticed that many of my new irises that I purchased this past year are turning yellow. So far none of my irises around my trees or in my other flowerbeds have shown this yellowing.

I'm worried that maybe there is something in the soil or maybe even something lacking in the soil. I just need to know if this is something I should be worried about or is there anything I need to do?

These irises are planted out in a big open field. Could it be because they are exposed to the weather and not protected by anything?

AS most of you know I just lost a great many irises last year due to all the flooding. I was not going to buy or replace them then. With the help of a few of you and then getting the bug to buy again I had to eat those words. However if I start losing all these irises I will not plant again. So please, tell me what you think the problems maybe. These irises didn't look like this until we had some very cold weather here. I'm crossing my fingers that it's just die back from the cold/freezing weather and warming up and freezing and warming up again and again.

Any thoughts will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Marian

Comment (1)

Sponsored