SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
specialmn1

Quick Fire & Pinky Winky: size & pics please

Mary4b
12 years ago

I have a number of locations that I am considering Quick Fire & Pinky Winky for. The tags say they are about 6-8' tall and wide, but I've searched a number of the threads here and no one seems to have any that get that tall.

If they really get that tall and wide, I might consider making a hedge out of them...but if they are more likely to be just 4' or so each year, I'd plant them by my foundation, or near the back of my hosta garden.

There's a store near me that has nice Proven Winner gallon pots for just 8.99 on sale right now...they are about 12" above the pot. ...or I could get 3 gallon Quick Fires for about $22 on sale, they are about 18-22" above the pot.

Are these leggy at the bottom? My limelight is leggy, whereas my annabelles go all the way to the ground, which I like.

I sure hope there are a few people out there who know how these grow now in the Midwest...my Endless Summer, is not very reliable, so I have it in a place where it doesn't matter how it performs from one year to the next. For my current purposes, I need a reliable plant...are these two reliable performers in the Upper Midwest?

Comments (5)