SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gamecock43

Newbie Hosta questions..pics included

gamecock43
14 years ago

I have a few Hosta questions. I am new to the Hosta world, I just started planting them this spring.

I purchased "Wide Brim" from HD about 2 months ago, and now comparing my plant, to the picture on the card accompanying the plant- I dont think the two plants are the same. The picture shows Wide Brim to have a dappled pattern in the leaves, while my plant has a vertical vein pattern. Below is a picture of my Wide Brim. I would like to know if it is indeed "Wide Brim."

Another question regards my Francee. I have 4 Francee lined up along my foundation, and 2 have started blooming! Here in GA it has been monsoon raining for the past 8 days, with more rain coming. Could the rain be the reason for the blooms, or do they bloom in late spring? Why have my other 2 Francee not bloomed?

And then, the rest of the pics are proud Mamma pics. Cant leave my others out! (Excuse the darkness of the pics..We have been getting several inches of rain a day and I snuck outside to take pics between thunderstorms.)

My Francee lined up along the foundation...

Wide Brim, Patriot, and 2 Albomarginata lined up along a retaining wall...

Patriot and Albomarginata..

Any input is appreciated!

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022