SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ellery9

Frustrated Hummer Gardener!

Ellery9
18 years ago

Okay - I have nursed all these plants through the summer - they are of course winding down now, but right outside my screened porch, I shoved a pineapple sage and a Mexican bush sage, a Goldfish plant is blooming away, streptocarpella is going to town, (both in hanging baskets) under them is a B&B going to town, Cardinal Climber is FINALLY growing and winding around all of the above, and also stuck my cigar plant under them, and it is stretching and blooming away. Pineapple sage is blooming on the porch side, and buds are coming out in the front.

So. What are the little jerks doing? Fighting over the mini humzinger and the streptocarpella it is hanging from on the other side of the door - briefly visiting the Lobelia - ignoring the feast which looks like one of those photos in plant magazines where you say "Give me a break! How can you have all those flowers in a three by five foot space?"

Now, it's gorgeous - and behind the humzinger is a 7' plant of mannetia (the red kind) which has also been totally ignored -

You can lead a horse to water.....but I hear them all the time fussing at each other - probably when I am not around they sneak in and feed - this week the Pineapple sage will be in full bloom, as the Mexican Bush is now, and surely they will come and play.

Poop on them. I have bought some spring bulbs, which I have to plant in pots because of my voles, and am already planning how to cut back things and bring them in, (sigh), and I may have to do a blue print of my dining room table - I have noticed that this silly forum STILL has the notice that my membership is up in July and would I like to renew my membership, which I did in June - what's the rush?

Happy fall!

Ellery

Comments (3)