SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
agent1xe13

New echinaceas hybrids

agent1xe13
15 years ago

Last fall, I opened a thread with pictures of new echinaceas hybrids coming from crosses between several well known cultivar like Double Decker, Sunrise, Art's Pride, White Swan and Razzmatazz. Theses crosses were not made by hand but by the bees. They are nevertheless interesting. Right now, many of them start blooming for the first time. Its still early and many new ones are coming into bloom, but here are 3 pix to give those interested an idea of what is to come.

Most are creamy white or peachy pink like the one below (click on the pix to see a larger size of it):

{{gwi:995483}}

The one below shows signs of wantingto be double. We'll see in a few days what it turns up to be:

{{gwi:995484}}

This last one is still too young to have a good idea of what it will be, but we certainly can tell it will be double:

{{gwi:995486}}

As the plants mature and the flowers get older, I'll post other pix of what may be of interest. I wont post white or "regular" pink unless they have some distinctives caracteristics.

Hopefully, later in the season, I'll have pix of bee's made crosses form Green Envy, Coconut Lime, Sundown, Jade, Harvest Moon and Sparkler (a variagated leaves cultivar; up to now, none of the seedling shows any variagation).

Laurier

http://homepage.mac.com/lauriernappert/index.html

Comments (12)