SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
patrick51_gw

Hoya Australis questions...

patrick51
14 years ago

Hey group...I spent hours online last night...until my eyes were glazed over....trying to figure out what type of H. australis I recently purchased form CBFM....he listed it as "H. australis regular form, fuzzy on both sides" (meaning the leaves, of course). I'm truly doubting that that's the correct name!! LOL I found alot of information on the many subspecies of H. australis...but none of the websites described the difference between them. I also ended up with more questions and zero answers...hopefully some of you can help me with this...I know I'm totally a geek wanting to know which subspecies I have...but, that's me!! I read about H. aus. tenuipes...and that it has new growth of red leaves...my H. aus. tenuipes (from Gardino's 17 months ago) has grown alot and NEVER had a red or even slightly bronze leaf...and my plant is in very bright light...enough to cause other hoyas to turn reddish-bronze. Now I'm wondering if it's actually "tenuipes". Does anyone have an idea what this new fuzzy-leafed one could be? It looks exactly like "tenuipes" except for the fuzzy leaves. My only H. australis that I'm certain of is australis oramicola. BTW...the plants I received from CBFM were exceptional!! I've ordered from him several times before and was underwhelmed...these new plants are awesome in size...I ordered 4 hoyas and 5 Tillandsias...two in bloom...and ALL are exceptional in size...I'm thinking that perhaps the Autumn is the time to buy from him. Their size is amazing! Also, none of my H. australis' have bloomed yet. Thanks for any help!! Patrick

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County