SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cyberian_husky

inherited old hoya plant from relative, need advice ASAP

Cyberian_Husky
19 years ago

Hi, I just inherited on old hoya from my grandmother who passed away. She kept it in her bathroom with a curtain in front. I don't know if she opened the curtain often for it, sometimes I'd go there and the curtian was open, but I can't recall when she did this. To describe this hoya, I know it has pink waxy flowers with red centers. The leaves are just oval and I think they are supposed to be dark green and more waxy.

It hangs in an east window now, no curtain, and inside I have 2 plant lights, one 400 watt red/orange flowering bulb, and one 250 watt florescent blue which actually throws off a lot of light, it's a newer bulb on the market for plants.

I watered it, and it was caked in dust so I gave it a bath.

The leaves are actually too light, some are nearly yellow, about 2 fell off and died. I don't know if I overwatered it or what. The leaves are also curling. I don't know if it's too much light or not enough. Should I give it plant food? I got one from the hydroponic store where I got my lights, it's 10-52-19. another I got for foliage plants I can't fuind the numbers right now because I don't know where I put it, but it's generic.

I need some good instructions, if I have it under too much light, I'll see if I can put it in a west window on the other side.

My zone is 3b, and it's winter now, and basically we get very little light in winter. Mostly cloudy and short days.

Thanks.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville